Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Canon of excellence

My Christmas wish came true last week � I got my hands on Canon's professional flagship DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera. Yes, I'm talking about the highly-anticipated Canon EOS 1Ds MK III.

Notwithstanding the whopping price tag of $12,799, this 21.1-megapixel full-frame camera is a stunning piece of digital imaging technology. It sports Canon's latest Dual Digic III imaging processors, dust-reduction Integrated Cleaning System (ICS), high-speed continuous frame rates of up to five frames per second, super-precise 19-point auto-focus (AF) system and 63 metering zones linked to AF points.

The camera's weather-resistant magnesium-alloy body is packed with a large three-inch liquid crystal display. However, even the bright-in-all-weather screen could not help in manual focusing, as auto-focus cannot be enabled when using Live View.

As a result, I found I preferred using the optical viewfinder, which has 100-per-cent frame coverage, a feature not seen in most current DSLRs in the market. In fact, its optical viewfinder is the biggest and brightest I have seen in a Canon DSLR thus far.

Trevor Tan


more : channelnewsasia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman