Monday, January 8, 2007

Canon SD 600 with a 16MB memory card

My new Canon SD 600 just came with a 16MB memory card. Will it void my warranty if I buy a larger memory card that isn't "Canon"?

No, it certainly won't void your warranty to buy a larger memory card. Manufacturers these days only equip you with a card large enough to take a few pictures. Part of the corner-cutting/cost-cutting measures they employ to remain competitive, I guess. Luckily, there are plenty of cheap and reliable options on the open market. I'd recommend getting a couple of 512mb SD cards (SanDisk, PNY, and Kingston are all reliable brand names), as having a backup is always handy in case you misplace one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman