Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking back and moving forward

Well hello! Hope your New Year�s Eve was great! We spent a very low key evening at home, and it was perfect. (Have I mentioned we�ve become complete homebodies??)

I�m loving all the recaps of the year all over blogland over the past week, and I wanted to chime in with a couple more of my own.

First of all, I have to thank my lovely blog friends � ALL of you who link TDC. I truly, truly appreciate it. I can�t tell you the thrill I get when I�m blog-hopping and I see that you�ve linked to my site.

It�s still surreal. :)

I wish I could link to you all, but in the interest of time and space, I�m listing my top ten blog referrers for the year:

LOVE THESE WOMEN. This year, I�ve roomed with two of them and met (and had a blast with) four others. I hope to meet the last four this year! (Wanna come over ladies??)

I had fun looking through Google Analytics and figuring out the top posts of the year (not all were written in 2010!):

  1. 7. Christmas tree party
    8. The hardest easiest DIY wreath ever
    9. Make a sofa table for under $20
    10. DIY drum shade chandelier

FUN! I love this stuff! :)

I�m so excited about 2011 (have to get used to writing that!) and all it will bring. Looking forward, I plan on continuing the Before and After Party the first Monday of every month:

beforeAndAfterButton

To see all of the parties from 2010, click here.

I failed miserably at my Tool School series last year. (Hangs head in shame.):

TDC_toolSchoolButton

But I am determined to be better about it this year! I hope to share my favorite tools, how to use them, and the basic gadgets you should have around the house to accomplish your own DIY projects.

I�ve got some more fun stuff coming in the new year! First of all -- if you are human and breathing, you most likely have an overwhelming desire to throw out half of the stuff in your house and clean every little crevice right now. :) I�m with you. I got you. I�ve already taken two car loads to Goodwill in the past week.

It feels amazing!!!

I�m planning another organization party � it will probably be later this month. I just have to get a button made and then I�ll announce it. I�ll make sure to give you time to prepare, but I�ll be harassing you plenty between now and then so no worries. :) Just be sure to take a before picture before you get all productive, OK? (I luuuurve before pictures!!)

And back by popular demand, I�ll be hosting another Goodwill party as well! It�s been a while since I�ve shared some of my finds, and I�m really looking forward to seeing your treasures and transformations.

Finally, I want to thank you all again � this blog wouldn�t be here without you tuning in and reading my ramblings. Well�it may be here, but I�d be talking to myself. A lot.

It�s been an amazing, unbelievable year for Thrifty Decor Chick. I pinch myself at the fun I�ve had, the connections I�ve made, the opportunites I�ve experienced.

IT HAS BEEN A BLAST.

Thank you so very much. :)

 

P.S. The January Before and After Party will go up on Monday � hope you can join in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman