Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peanut butter bliss

OK, peeps � I don�t claim to be a fantastic cook or baker. I mean, there was the cake fail of last summer, ifyouknowwhatI�msayin�.

Well, even that one tasted good. I just looked all wrong. :)

But every once and awhile I open my recipe binder (it creaks and a cloud of dust poofs out) and find one I love and I just have to share. You will thank me. :)

I�ve made this �pie� for years, but for some reason it�s been a while since I last did. And now that we�ve had it again, I�m quite sure I�ll be making it weekly. Or so.

It�s SO easy. And insanely good. You will LOVE it. That is, if you like peanut butter. Or chocolate. Or sugar. Or for all that is GOOD � if you like anything YUMMY. Then, you will LOVE it.

You�ll need just a few ingredients:

3/4 c. confectioners sugar

6 oz. cream cheese

1/2 c. peanut butter

one container Cool Whip

2 tbsp. milk

graham cracker crust

I buy the crust ready made, and I add a little somethin� extra by using a chocolate crust:

Aw. yeah.

It takes about five minutes to whip this baby up � first, mix the cream cheese and sugar:

Sorry, these pics were taken at night, spur of the moment. Not my best work. :)

Then mix in the peanut butter and milk:

I took the pictures in case you�ve never mixed anything in your life. :) Mr. Obvious, I know.

Then just fold in a container of Cool Whip (leave a little bit for later), plop it into crust, and resist the urge to eat it up with a (large) spoon:

Oh. em. gee. Isn�t it so fabulous and fluffy? Does anyone else love Cool Whip so much they could eat a whole container? Or, think they could eat the whole container? I wouldn�t know that first hand.

Or something.

Then comes the hardest part of the whole pie � you have to let it chill for a while. A few hours is best, but I can tell you from experience that one hour is just fine.  :)

After it�s chilled a bit, lather the pie with more cool whip. Then drizzle some chocolate over it, maybe sprinkle some peanuts, and you have one of the easiest, yummiest desserts EVER:

I am aware it looks like I had our four-year-old drizzle the chocolate. But only I can take credit for this beauty. I told you earlier I don�t do well with the whole presentation thing.  (Aqua and coral Fourth of July cake ring a bell?)

Anyhoo, who cares what it looks like? It�s FANTASTIC to eat. Whoooeee.

It�s called Jimmy Carter Peanut Butter Pie. I call it peanut butter heaven. Try it, love it. And don�t blame me when you eat the whole thing in 24 hours. :)

I�ll be back with a quick Christmas project tomorrow!

Thank you to my sponsor!:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman