Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It�s a Christmas Tree party!

header

It�s here! The final party in our Holiday Home series is finally upon us. :)

image

I hope you�ve enjoyed the parties as much as we have!

Year after year, my hubby and I waffle back and forth on whether or not we should get a fake tree. EVERY. year. The conversation usually starts about January 2nd, when we�re hauling a massive, shedding tree out the front door, and trying to get it back on the car to take it to the recycling. With a needle trail following us the whole way�

It basically comes up when we are over. it. :)

This year, we decided to finally take the plunge and go faux � and we headed to Lowe�s to get the BIG honkin� tree we had been eyeing for weeks. It was gone, so we called two other locations  -- gone. Called one more, and they had the display available -- �Come and get it!� Lowe�s guy said.

We drove ten minutes to the store and walked in to see someone else wheeling it out. GAH. It was nuts! Did I mention it was still November?

Sooo�we decided to go for a real tree again, and hubby insisted we go BIG. (So THERE!) ;)

And big we did. She�s tall and fat and chunky, just how we like �em. Twelve feet tall to be exact. It�s go big or go home around here!

The theme of our main tree is always traditional, always gold and red, and always has lots of sparkle!

I used the ornaments we�ve had for years:

IMG_2144 IMG_2152IMG_2158IMG_2145

Those cheap glitter ball ornaments are so great � they look fantastic and the price can�t be beat!

Because we usually purchase a nine to ten foot tree, we didn�t have quite enough ornaments to fill it. Well, we did�but I like lots and LOTS of ornaments in there. :)

I got a few more at Big Lots for a STEAL:

IMG_2171 IMG_2150  

I love sparkle!!

I picked up a new one from the Rockettes show over Thanksgiving:

IMG_2188

I like to get one new ornament a year to signify something special, and this one is perfect. :)

I stick all kinds of stuff in the tree every year, like the twirly sticks and some gauzy stuff from Hob Lob that positively GLOWS:

IMG_2162

I love my poinsettias placed here and there:

IMG_2179

All that filler stuff is great for hiding empty spots, cords, whatever.

The Bub helped me this year and the bottom of the tree is dripping with ornaments:

IMG_2201_picnik

I let him put them wherever he wanted, and I didn�t move one afterwards. :)

Every few minutes, an ornament he had just put on the tree would plop on the floor, and I�d hear a little voice yell, �It�s otay Mama!!�

I heard that many, many times that day. ;) Ugh, I could squish him!!

The other night, I walked into the living room and found hubs sitting in there, staring at the tree. We LOVE it. And we do love our real trees � maybe next time we�ll plan ahead and go faux. But for now, that smell is pretty amazing.

And of course, it�s best with the lights low:

I can�t wait to see your beautiful trees!

You are welcome to use this cutie little button in your post to link back:

Have fun � I�ll leave the linky open for a week for those of you who need a bit more time. :)

P.S. I have to send a hollaaa out to Wendy G. and Alexis C. � thanks for the love on Facebook!! ;)

Thank you to my sponsor!:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman