Sunday, December 19, 2010

A few of my favorite things�

Hello! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! We are almost done shopping�but still not one gift wrapped. We LOVE the thrill of last minute. I guess. :)

Tis the season for FUN stuff � I don�t know about you, but I�m a total and complete sucker for anything Christmas-themed or related. If it has snowflakes, I�m hooked. Peppermint swirls, forgetaboutit. Glitter? Gah. I give up.

It�s the one time of the year I give into the stuff � because I have NO self control. And yes, I know STUFF has zero to do with the real meaning of the season, so it�s important to keep it in check.

But I love it, and it�s my blog, so I�m going to share some of my very favorites of this season with YOU. Or more specifically, I�m going to GIVE some of my favorites to one of you. :)

It�s my way of saying Merry Christmas, thank you, I don�t know what I�d do without you, paying it forward, smooches�all that.

So let�s get on to the good stuff, shall we?

If you saw my dining room post, you know I�m quite enamored with Walmart�s ornaments this year. I can�t stand it, they are so stinking cute. So I picked up a couple of the pretty trees:

walmart glitter

Glittery goodness!

Pretty much every single night this time of year, I enjoy a big, fat mug of hot chocolate. So I got a (cute!) big, fat mug for you to enjoy some hot chocolate as well:

IMG_2401

And while I was at it, I remember that I�m a bit obsessed with the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks. If you have not had it, please, I beg of you�GO NOW. Or as soon as humanly possible. Starbucks is not paying me to say this, but I wish they were.

OH my. It�s so stinkin� good. So I got a $5 gift card so you can enjoy one and a half of your own Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates:

And then I remembered another hot chocolate I love, and that�s when I add a candy cane Hershey�s kiss to it and let it melt inside. Uhhh�YUM. I told you about these kisses here and I still love them now. And I�m not even a peppermint kind of girl really � but they are YUM:

IMG_2404

This has turned into a hot chocolate post. Moving on�

The folks at Waverly sent me some of their beeeeautiful new holiday party-ware to try out. They have some really pretty plates, napkins and even cups, and I�m IN LOVE with all of it:

We haven�t hosted any holiday parties this year, so I�m going have hubby pry them out of my hands and so I can give them to you. Yes, I know it may be a bit late for you to use them this season too, but maybe next year? Honestly, I kind of think they could be used any time of the year � aren�t they beautiful?

And finally, my very favorite part. I know this one won�t be a big deal to some of you, but I LOVE THIS THING. I found a gift wrap storage thingamabob at True Value a couple of weeks ago:

gift wrap storage

And for all that is good�I finally found something that WORKS. For years I�ve had a few rolls in a long, thin storage bin, but it�s too short to hold most of our wrapping. Then last year I got one of those storage jobbies that stands up, but the wrapping was still too long.

I swear to you, I even considered taking my miter saw to them, to make them fit. I kid you not.

But they don�t have to be sacrificed now! This thing is the BOMB. It�s long enough, and holds a bunch of rolls. And instead of the wrapping rolling off our tower of Christmas bins every. time. I walk by � now they are all contained, and that makes me SO happy!

So I went back and got one for you too, because I can�t be the only one with this problem. Am I? Crickets.

It really is the little things. Candy cane kisses and a tall gift wrap tube, and I�m a happy Chick.  :)

Soooo, I�m giving all of these goodies away to one of you! I wish I could give something to every single one of you, I really, really do. I just hope you know how much I�ve appreciated your sweet comments, emails and support throughout this year.

To enter, leave a comment here. Tell us your favorite part/thing/food of the season. I�ll only have this giveaway open through Monday at midnight, so I can get this all mailed off to the lucky one on Tuesday.

For now, I�m off to write 75 Christmas cards:

I�m just hoping everyone gets them before Christmas. :)

Have a wonderful Monday!!

 

*I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.*

Thank you to my sponsor!:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman