Thursday, September 16, 2010

Show me off: Fab transformations!

Well hello there! This week is positively flying by -- crazy! I can�t believe it�s almost the weekend already.

It�s time to show off a few more of you lovelies out there in blogland! I�ve received so many emails highlighting some incredible projects, and this post is all about taking the not-so-glamorous befores to fabulous afters!

First off, Myra at My Blessed Life found a gorgeous Craigslist vanity for her foyer:

Myra

It wasn�t in the best shape though, so she sanded it down and painted it a beeeautiiful lime green!:IMG_3051

Yes, I said LIME. Isn�t that stunning? I just love that color. (It�s a Home Depot color match to Huntington Green by Benjamin Moore.) 

She styled it wonderfully�perfection!:

You can see more about this transformation on Myra�s site.

Sara (what a fantastic name, really) at It�s Good to be Queen (love THAT name too!) was a little over the finish and wear on their kitchen table and chairs:

But they had fantastic lines, didn�t they? So in a weekend she transformed it into this:

Sara

The power of paint never ceases to amaze me. Seriously. AND Sara is my hero because she has three kids and was able to accomplish this in just a few days! You can see the process she used here.

Lisa at Got Good Love had a hand me down kitchen table that was also in a honey finish:

before

Because it was solid maple, they were able to sand it down and stain the set a lovely dark expresso color:

Lisa

Sigh � I�m such a sucker for a dark stain�love it! (Lisa has not blogged about this project but she can probably answer any questions if you visit her site here.

Erica at Making a Home Sweet Home took an old bathroom cabinet:

And gave it new life with white paint and some super cute fabric:

EricaShe lined the back of the cabinet as well as the back of the mirror � LOVE it! You can see how Erica did this one by visiting her here.

Amanda over at Craft it Unique has a studio with dark 70�s paneling, and she was trying to figure out a way to brighten up the space. She took the door:

(This is the other side of the door.)

And did a really fun and creative treatment to dress it up:

Amanda

Isn�t that TOO fun? I absolutely love it!! You can see how Amanda painted the door here.

And finally, Jessica at My Quarter Life Crisis transformed their whole family room by taking their fireplace:

And amping it up just a smidge. Or a whole heckuva lot:

Jessica

But you know what? I (believe) the only change is the painted brick. Isn�t that amazing? I stared at the before and afters forever, trying to pinpoint what else was different, because it looked so�well�different. :)

Her fabulous accessorizing sure doesn�t hurt either! Fabulous! You can see more of her before and after here.

I loved all of these projects � the possibilities are endless with a quart of paint and some imagination of what could be.

Got a room redo or project you want me to highlight? Send me an email (thriftydecorchick (at) gmail (dot) com) with links and pictures and put �Show Me Off� in the subject line!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman