Thursday, April 15, 2010

I did not say �Um�

Well, first of all, I have to tell you how much I loved reading your comments on my last post. I wrote that one hoping to help some of you that get negative comments, but look what happened yet again�you go and make me feel all gushy and mushy and LOVED. Thank you so much. (Really truly.)

So anyhoo -- today I was on TV! Yes, freak. out!

It was a local morning show called Indy Style. I have been on television a couple of times before, back in the day when I worked in PR/marketing. But it was usually during some kind of crisis with five microphones stuck in my face. Needless to say, it wasn�t fun. Notsomuch.

This was fun!! I really did have a ball. I was a little anxious beforehand, but that was mostly due to the I hope I don�t sleep in on accident, I gotta do my hair and put on makeup, make sure the car is packed, I hope I didn�t leave a light on in the car and walk out to dead battery, have to get the kiddo up and to the sitter, and gotta get through rush hour traffic (oh how I DON�T miss that!) stuff that goes into getting downtown early. (Early for ME.)

I really wish I would have added �gotta get a spray tan� to that list because OH LORDY I am pasty, Elmer�s glue, blindingly white:

008

But it was a feat I got everything else done and got there in time, so I�m not complaining. (Did I mention I�m not a morning person?)

My sis served as my assistant for the morning, and it was so wonderful to have her there with me. :) She took a few pics of my segment from the �green room�:

027  

030

We both couldn�t believe how big the set looks on TV, but it�s just one large room, with areas for different segments:

040I imagined it being four times this size! It was super cool to see the behind the scenes work to make a show like this happen -- really impressive. And everyone there was so fun and SO nice. Ack! I loved it!

Of course, the video of my segment is the only one not working online, so until it�s fixed, I took a video of it on our TV. It looks awful, bear with me. I figured some of you would want to see it and didn�t want to leave you hanging.

Oh, and I can operate a saw and nail gun like nobody�s business, but I don�t know how to turn off closed captioning on the TV:

 

You�ll notice that I didn�t say �um� much but I did say �Yes,� �Yep,� and �Yeah� about a bagillion times. Gah.

Yep. Yes I did. Yeah.

(And those of you who know me in real life � YES I am still married. :) I use my maiden name for press stuff.)

I was so tired from the day when we got home, I didn�t finish up the chair just yet (six minutes went SO FAST and we ran out of time to show it!), but I�ll show you this weekend. It�s super cute!

If they are able to get the video working on the web site, I�ll link to that instead because the quality is MUCH better. :)

Because I know many of you wanted to know more about the airplane art above the Bub�s bed � here�s a run down of how I hung it:

1. Take a large poster frame � the cheapy ones with the thin plastic frame around them � and discard the cheapy plastic frame. 

2. I kept the cardboard backing, put the poster on top, then put the acrylic over the poster. I wrapped pieces of painter�s tape along the sides and edges to keep the poster from slipping out while I installed it.

3. Put the whole thing up on the wall (figure out your center first!) then secure it temporarily. I actually used my nail gun and put a nail into it, thinking I would secure the whole thing to the wall that way and then put molding over it. I realized after the first nail that is NOT a good idea � it split the acrylic. Oops!

4. The acrylic did end up coming loose from the nail towards the end, but it served it�s purpose and held it up long enough for me to get most of the molding installed around it. If you just have a second set of hands, that should be all you need.

5. Then I just installed the molding, but I only nailed into the molding on the bottom and middle, if that makes sense. I didn�t nail into the molding on the inside � near the poster. I only nailed around the outside. So it�s is secure enough to hold the poster and acrylic but I didn�t nail into the acrylic.

From what I can tell, there�s enough give in the acrylic so that I can wedge it out someday to replace the art. I have not tried to take it out because I spent too much time putting it up and wasn�t about to mess it up. :) But it feels like I�ll be able to get it out of there fine.

Even if I�m not able to get it out, it won�t take long at all to pry the molding off of one side to slide it all out, replace the art, and slide it back in.

I hope that helps � sorry I don�t have visuals for that one, but I didn�t take any pictures of the process. I know, bad DIY blogger!!

Another giveaway weekend is coming up tomorrow! Till then, have a GREAT Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman