Friday, February 12, 2010

Best Wide Angle Lens For the Nikon D90?












Recently I�ve been very intrigued by purchasing a true wide angle lens for my D90. When I say true wide angle I�m talking about anything under 18mm. I see there are a lot of choices out there but after researching a ton of information online it�s definitely apparent you or I will want to get a wide angle lens made specifically for our cameras APS-C type sensor. I read this from Tom Atkins over at Photo.net he said �One of the disadvantages of small sensor APS-C Digital SLR cameras is that the 1.6x multiplier/crop factor makes all your existing 35mm wide-angle lenses into "not so wide" angle lenses.� Our Nikon D90 camera is slightly better, with a 1.5x multiplier/crop, but still basically suffers from the same problem. So here are all the wide angle lenses that are made for our D90 APS-C sensor! If this is not correct please someone let me know, Thanks! I'm personally leaning toward the Tokina 11-16 2.8 right now.

Click a lens to read the user reviews!

1. Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED IF Autofocus DX Nikkor Zoom Lens

2. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX for Nikon AF

3. Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX for Nikon AF

4. Tamron SP AF11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di-II LD Aspherical [IF]

5. Tamron SP AF10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD Aspherical [IF]

6. Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon

7. New Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM




Hope this helps a little in your quest for an ultra wide angle lens for your D90!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman