Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Decrapification: The pantry

026

OK, this is super weird, but when I just went to go find the post I did about our pantry last year, I realized it was almost exactly a year ago that I reorganized our pantry last time.

I showed you here in January of last year how I used a smokin� deal at the discount store to reorganize this space. Well, a year later, I still don�t have the new door with seedy glass and a light installed inside making it glow and the angels sing and all that�but it is clean and organized again.

Just like with everything else in our house, it stays fairly together till the holidays hit�and then it all goes to you-know-where. The pantry included:

006

Good God. Help. Bubbles? Check. Half eaten donut? Check. Christmas choo choo gingerbread kit? Check.

People, I couldn�t see where the Doritos were. This was serious.

008 010

Today, when I went to find the mac and cheese for our lunch and it took five minutes to find the box, I decided it had to end, STAT.

I cleared the farm animals and Christmas decor off the table:

005

(Anyone still finding pieces of Christmas everywhere?!)

I poured myself a glass of cold Pepsi:

012

Shrek glass please, no ice.

And I went to work. Because everything was still on it�s �home� shelf (they are split up into baking goods, lunch/dinner, breakfast/other, snacks and extras) I just pulled off every single item from each shelf and worked on one at a time.

The fab large glass containers hold baking goods and drink mixes:

033

I also have smaller glass containers for sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc.

All crackers and cookies fit into the dollar containers from the same store:018

I also use these containers for lunch and breakfast items that come individually wrapped. This creates SO much more space � boxes and bags take up a ton of space in the pantry, in my opinion. And it�s so easy for the little guy to grab a container when he wants a snack.

I use the tiered jobbers from Target for all the canned goods:

040029

The bottom shelf is only for extra items. When it�s not organized, I buy more of what we already have. Hence the ten cans of cream of mushroom soup. (Tuna noodle casserole tonight baby!):

043

I have to tell you, taking these pictures hit me hard for a minute � how fortunate are we to have a pantry full of food? Seriously, it is a bit humbling to get it organized and to see how much we have.

I hang things inside closets often � there is usually so much unused space! The broom, plastic bag holder, etc., all hangs up out of the way:

035 036

We can close the door again!! Whoohoo!!

014

And you can see the floor! Awww yeah. A blissful, organized space for FAREEEE!

Guess what we�re making tonight?:

044

Yes, yes we are.

Can you find the mac and cheese in your pantry? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman