Sunday, December 27, 2009

Packing up Christmas

029

My second favorite time of the year is fast approaching Squeezies!! I�m so excited cause I get to harass you again soon about THROWING OUT YOUR CRAP!!

Hooty hoo!! If you just found this blog over the past few months, you probably don�t know my issues love of organizing and decluttering. I give myself a pass during the holidays. I have to admit, I�m starting to twitch ever so slightly over the past few days though.

I want all the Christmas decor packed up in bins, pronto. Usually I�m fine to wait till around January 1st, but I�m really feeling the need to start fresh sooner than later this year. The hubs wants me to wait for a few more days, but I showed him my hives and started hyperventilating just a little and he left me alone.

It will take about a week to get it all packed up, but with my �method,� putting it away takes way less time then getting it out. I decided to work on the dining room first since there wasn�t too much to take down.

I start by vacuuming out each bin as I pull them out, because I am a special kind of crazy and it makes me feel better. (It�s not crazy if I�m aware of my issues, right?) Then I pack everything away by room. Every bin is labeled with my BFF � the DYMO. Hello lovah�

006003

You know all that stuff I put in my garland � ribbon, pics, crap, beady things? Well it all stays. I just take it all down and store it away as is. I�m going to refluff next year anyway, no need to waste my time taking it off. I even keep the cord covers and extension cords attached. Then I use zip lock bags and plastic bags for all the filler stuff:

014 017

I had the dining room packed up in about 30 minutes. Ahhhhh yes. I can breathe!

020

I even put the place settings away for now. I just need a clean slate for a bit. This is the first time the centerpiece has been completely empty since I made it back in September.028

I�m already thinking up fun ideas for Valentine�s Day and spring though! ;)

So when do you start packing up the Christmas decor? I have had it up for more than five weeks, so I'm really ready to have everything back to normal earlier than usual. I have a feeling this is more of an emotional thing this year than anything. I need FRESH and simple right now. ;)

I have some GREAT bloggy events for the new year to tell you about soon. I won�t be doing another Decluttering and Organizing Party this year, but you can click to last year�s party to get some inspiration. Don�t worry, I�m still going to annoy the crap out of you to get. rid. of. your. stuff. (you don�t use).

P.S. If you are going to try the ornament wreath next year, look what happens if you don�t follow my warnings and then drop your wreath:

016

HALF of the ornaments popped off. Gah. I almost cried. May have cursed. Maybe. Thank God for shatterproof. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman