Thursday, May 15, 2008

Canon EOS Rebel XS/1000D and DPP 3.4.1.1

Canon have released an update for DPP (Digital Photo Professional), their RAW image converter.

Interestingly, the compatibility information in the DPP 3.4 help file mentions that it's compatible with the Digital Rebel XS/1000D. This is interesting because there currently is no Digital Rebel XS/1000D!

Back in March of this year I got some information from what I can only call "an anonymous source" (not because I can't say who it was, but because I don't know who it was!) concerning such a camera which the source suggested might become available in May of 2008. There were no specifications suggested, just a name, the EOS1000D. I didn't pass this on because I don't like to spread rumors with no confirmation and just a name isn't really much information. Anyone can suggest anything, but without at least two sources (or one source that I know) I'm not inclined to pass them on. Nevertheless I've been on the lookout for further confirmation that Canon might have something new coming along called a 1000D.

However we now have a "leak" from Canon too, so I think the rumor is credible and worth passing along. So if it does/will exist what is it? Well, judging by the name and number (XS/1000D) I'd say it's most likely to be a low end entry model DSLR. The original 1990-1992 basic film Rebel body was also known as the EOS 1000. In general, the higher the number of digits, the more basic the camera. The "single digit" series such as the EOS 1D(s) and EOS 5D is the most fully featured series, then comes the "two digit" series of "pro-sumer" models such as the EOS 30/40D, then the "three digit" Rebel series such as the EOS450D....so the "four digit" EOS 1000D would be expected to be the most basic, entry level camera in the DSLR lineup just as the EOS 1000 was the most basic of the film EOS models.

more : bobatkins

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman