Thursday, May 22, 2008

Canon Digital Rebel XSi Review

Handling
I normally shoot with a Canon EOS 5D, so I'm used to a different interface than the XSi's. Where the 5D has a big control wheel on the back of the camera, the XSi has four buttons, and while the 5D has a comprehensive top-mounted status display that you can easily see while glancing down at the camera, the XSi uses its LCD screen for status, and you almost always have to tilt the camera to see it.

That said, I found it very easy to switch to the XSi, and while I missed the 5D's control wheel on the back of the camera, the XSi's buttons were never cumbersome enough to cause me to miss shots. In fact, the menu design of the XSi is much better than what I'm used to, and I greatly appreciated the My Menu feature, which lets you build a menu composed of just the features you want.

The camera is small and light and easy to carry, yet it feels sturdy and solid. It's quick to respond to settings changes and easy to navigate. The fact that I can drive all essential shooting functions with two fingers makes it easy to shoot quickly in a rapidly changing environment, without ever taking my eye from the viewfinder.

Ben Long

more : creativepro

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman