Sunday, April 13, 2008

Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D DSLR Preview

Canon announced their latest entry-level digital SLR, the 12.2-megapixel EOS Rebel XSi, at the annual PMA tradeshow this January. Last week, when Adobe released the update for Lightroom 1.4.1 with support for the Canon EOS Rebel XSi, I decided to see if I could buy one. None of the big online camera dealers listed it as available. But my hunch proved right when I got lucky at my local big box electronics store and snatched up their only XSi kit. I have a mountain bike festival coming up in a week and rather than wait for Canon to send me an XSi, I figured I�d just buy one so I could test it at the bike event.

My complete Canon EOS Rebel XSi review will take a few weeks to complete. But I made a concerted effort to get some basic testing done so I can give you my first impressions. I haven�t had a chance to do one-to-one comparisons with studio tests from other cameras yet, or make test prints � the ultimate proof of image quality, in my opinion. But I am very impressed with the image quality (please see sample photos and studio tests at end of review) from the new 12-megapixel CMOS sensor. It looks like the Canon EOS Rebel XSi has very usable ISO 800 sensitivity in RAW mode and that�s exciting for me since I shoot a lot of low-light action photography. For photographers who don�t need high sensitivity, it means that ISO 100 is super-creamy and effectively noise-free. The new 14-bit analogue-to-digital conversion means more shades and colors � just like the XSi�s big brothers, the EOS 40D and EOS-1D Mark III. Canon�s new, more powerful DIGIC III imaging processor makes it possible for the XSi to process the higher resolution and larger bit-depth files quickly.

Photo-John

more : photographyreview

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman