In the previous two installments I explained why I decided to get an Olympus E-510 and how I figured out how get reliable and consistent results from its meter. And once again, just so there�s no misunderstanding, the E-510�s meter is no less reliable or consistent than any other. You just need to take the time to understand how it works, the same as you (hopefully) would with any other camera.
My primary reasons for buying the E-510 were its portability, flexibility, in-body image stabilization (IS), and the availability of high-quality, compact, reasonably fast, yet reasonably priced lenses in the range I wanted. My only lens so far is the 14�54mm �/2.8�3.5 Zuiko, which will soon be followed by the 40�150mm �/3.5�4.5 Zuiko. I�ve been shooting for over 30 years, so I know exactly what I need to get the types of photos I like to shoot, which include travel, architecture, street scenes, candids, portraits, and abstracts. Needless to say, your needs may differ.
My normal photo routine while vacationing in London consisted of day trips with my camera in a small (10� x 6� x 4.5�) Domke F-5XB shoulder bag. The only accessories I carried were a second Compact Flash card and battery. I had no hesitation about slinging the bag over my shoulder and carrying it with me everywhere I went. Aside from brief subway or bus rides, I walked from place to place. The E-510 never became a burden or an impediment; in fact, the E-510 is one of the best handling, most comfortable cameras I�ve ever owned.
Gordon Lewis
more : theonlinephotographer.typepad.com
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment