Thursday, November 29, 2007

New photo essay page, "Olympus Technology-Unleashing Your Imagination" is launched. - M. Marubayashi

"To photograph insects properly, you have to focus on their eyes."

My first encounter with a camera was as a high school student, when my friend showed me his. Wanting one immediately, I bought a single lens reflex model. I was absolutely enthralled at first, and took photos of anything and everything, although at first I was more interested in the mechanism of the camera itself than the actual photographs, which I regarded as being of less importance. Later on at university, where I majored in Japanese history with the aim of becoming a teacher of social studies, the idea of being a photographer was still far from my mind. Nevertheless, I eventually joined a publishing company with the hope of being able to do some photographic work. As it turned out, my job involved nothing but marketing and I was never given any photographic jobs. After seven years I'd had enough and quit the company.

It was then, having just turned 30 with no particular plan in mind, that I decided to set out on my own as a freelance photographer. You could say I was fearless at the time! A friend I'd met while working at the publishing company occasionally introduced me to paying jobs, but I couldn't take really professional photographs, and failure followed failure. At the time, I didn't even know there was such as thing as reversal film, and I was still using flash bulbs when other photographers were already using electronic strobes.

more : olympus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman