Friday, January 19, 2007

Canon SD900 and SD800

Question from Josh Pollock: Hi. Does anyone know if the CANON SD900 and Canon SD800 IS if affected with the E18 error? I just thought about buying a Canon SD900. Then while I was on amazon, I saw a post that there is a e18 error that is most common with canon cameras. I really like canon digital cameras, my friends have them and i am amazed with the image quality. I am really scared that the e18 error will happen to me so please help me.

Answer from Ben Keough:
Hi Josh,

The E18 code doesn't really pop up with the SD900 and SD800 IS, but some users have had a "Lens error. Restart camera." error, which is essentially the same thing. The good news is that the frequency of this error seems to be substantially lower (nearly nonexistent) with these new models (though this could be because they haven't yet had the time to develop these problems, unlike the older models). I myself have had an A60 (one of the original E18 problem cameras) for over three years and have had no issues. I also have a S2 IS, which hasn't had a hint of the problem in the last year. The point is, it's absolutely possible (I'd say extremely probable) that you'll buy a Canon and never come close to having a problem resembling the E18 error; those who do have the error are bound to be more vocal than those who have clear sailing.

I'd say that if you love the image quality and the feel of the cameras, you shouldn't let the E18 monster scare you off. All brands have certain issues, and if bad luck's going to hit you it's going to hit you.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Camera Dashboard. All rights reserved.
Themes by Ex Templates Blogger Templates l Home Recordings l Studio Rekaman